As the past president of CUB, I see a great potential for CUB to contribute to the changing climate in adoption. Some of the issues I see us involved in are:
1) Preventing unnecessary family separations and helping expectant parents find resources
2) continued support of unrestricted access for adult adoptees to their original birth records
3) educating the public about the lifelong impacts of adoption on the adoptee and birthparent
4) reaching out to recent birthparents in this country and around the world
I envision CUB growing in membership but I am committed to maintaining the atmosphere of mutual support and respect that is a hallmark of CUB.
– Mary Lou Cullen, former president